When is Multi-Tier Shelving Appropriately Suited?
Multi-tier shelving, as can be understood from the name, is a storage system with several tiers. This system offers the ultimate add-on floor and storage space that is required for warehouses. It is a complete system with multiple racks, or shelves, and is equipped with floors, stairs, aisles, walkways, lifts, etc. These storage systems are extremely popular for storing and order picking of non-palletized items, goods, cartons, and other small-sized units that are required to be stored in bulk quantities. Multi-tier shelving is ideal in the following cases.
- You need to make complete use of a cost-intensive space for storage and valuable surface area.
- You require to store a wide array of items, and the number of types of items is constantly changing.
- It is essential to have direct access to all different types of items stored.
- It is required to store items on different levels depending on the turnover frequency.
Top Features of Multi-Tier Shelving
Here are some of the interesting features of multi-tier shelving.
- Designed to make the full use of the vertical space of the warehouse
- Multiplies the available space within the same surface area
- Comes with a wide range of designs and accessories for appropriate usages
Advantages of Using Multi-Tier Shelving
Some benefits to using multi-tier shelving are as follows.
- Extremely cost-effective in nature
- Perfect utilization of space
- Increases available space by up to a hundred percent along with additional storage and picking space
- Enables parallel picking throughout different tiers
Space Rack provides the users with a suitable and customized multi-tier shelving system precisely as per their needs. With the varying requirements of every warehouse, we at Space Rack make sure to live up to the expectation of every user to provide them with the best shelving system that best suits their needs in all aspects.
Ready to speak to a Storage Solution Expert?
Full Warehouse Solutions - From Planning to Delivery
We can visit, measure up and create a custom warehouse plan for free.
We can replace any damaged non-compliant racking components.
Our in house team can install racking or shelving for any size warehouse.
We visit, inspect and provide a comprehensive report.
We identify warehouse safety issues and provide an actionable report.
We can help you plan and navigate the complexities of relocating.