Structural Mezzanine Floor - Design and Installation
When is a Structural Mezzanine Floor Suitable?
A structural mezzanine floor is an additional level lying between the main floors in a building. The mezzanine floors come with a wide range of applications and are readily used in warehouses, retail stores, offices, etc. for the purpose of providing valuable additional floor space. A structural mezzanine floor is suitable in the following cases.
- A requirement of additional storage space in bulk
- If there is a need for long span shelving or modular shelving systems
- Need for picking and packing areas in a warehouse or other storage places
Characteristics of a Structural Mezzanine Floor
The significant characteristics of a structural mezzanine floor are as mentioned below.
- Free standing floors
- Extremely cost-effective
- It maximises the usable height of a warehouse
- A structural mezzanine floor is able to handle a variety of load capacities depending on the requirement
Benefits of a Structural Mezzanine Floor
Few benefits of using a structural mezzanine floor are as follows.
- Easy and convenient access to the overhead work area without any kind of interruption in the ground level workflow.
- It is a cheaper option as compared to the conventional structural steel floors.
- A structural mezzanine floor is extremely versatile in nature and offers easy fitting of sprinkler, air ducts or electrical cabling.
- It has a very easy installation process that can be easily enlarged, relocated, or changes as per the changing needs of the warehouse.
- Staircase, lifts, conveyors, and handrails are quite easy to integrate into a structural mezzanine floor.
Space Rack is one of the leading mezzanine floor suppliers ensuring the efficient utilization of the entire space of the warehouse. Structural mezzanine floors from Space Rack comes without any compromise in quality, thereby ideally suited for the intended purpose of use.
Ready to speak to a Storage Solution Expert?
Full Warehouse Solutions - From Planning to Delivery
We can visit, measure up and create a custom warehouse plan for free.
We can replace any damaged non-compliant racking components.
Our in house team can install racking or shelving for any size warehouse.
We visit, inspect and provide a comprehensive report.
We identify warehouse safety issues and provide an actionable report.
We can help you plan and navigate the complexities of relocating.